Business Security Solutions
Whether you are managing a condo, hotel or office, York lock & Key Inc. provides a range of products and services for your building management solutions. York Lock & Key Inc. can implement appropriate layers of protection which starts from the outer area of the facility towards the inner common area of the property. Various concerns outlined below need to be considered for proper security.
Door Condition and Operation
The first line of defense in any facility against unauthorized entry is its doors. It’s important that the condition and operation of all facility doors are monitored in a maintenance schedule to assure proper protection.
Just as important as the door itself is the hardware that closes and secures the door. Some of the hardware necessary for this operation are:
- Assists in securing exterior doors after a person leaves the building
- Required on fire rated doors because they serve to contain smoke and keep fires from spreading
- Help keep energy prices down by shutting doors in air-conditioned areas
York Lock & Key Inc. offers a complete line of maintenance-free hydraulic door closers that are UL listed, and ADA compliant. Door Closers recommended by York lock & Key Inc. include Arrow Commercial Door closers, LCN Commercial door closers. Note: Door closers are effective for doors that open and close properly. The door operation should be checked prior to closer installation.
- Commercial grade lock hardware offers physical security against unwanted entry into a facility
- Required on fire doors to assure positive latching (Requires locks to be fire rated)
- Exit devices (Panic devices) required on exit doors per fire code
York Lock & Key Inc. installs and services a comprehensive line of door locks, including an extensive range of mortise locks, cylindrical locks, and exit devices. Some of the manufacturers we install and service (but are not limited to) are Arrow, Medeco, Yale, Schlage, Adams Rite, Corbin Russwin, Folger Adams, Sargent etc.
Exit & Door Prop Alarms
- Prevents doors from being held open for a prolonged time (Propped open)
- Sounds an alarm if a restricted door is opened.
- Low cost, self-contained
York lock & Key Inc. installs and services numerous exit alarms. Exit alarms are a low cost, quick & easy way to protect a door.